Monday 15 August 2011

Turkish Food Festival - Belly dancing whilst Eating Baclava

I try to go to as many food festivals, to mainly eat the food and curiously to see if there is something new that I have never eaten.

The Turkish food festival 23-24th July 2011 was in London, filled with dancing, food and laughter. A buzzing atmosphere, the sounds of the drums, smokey grilled meat on the BBQ, the smell of spicy aromas and not forgetting the belly dancers, whilst a crowd eagly copying their moves whilst eating Baclava and Pitta bread with grilled Kebabs.
That's definately something you don't see every day!

The were a few stalls selling souvenirs, keeping my best to reassure myself I do not need anymore clutter. Shame the weren't selling tagine pots because I need a new one.
Being a little greedy curious food lover, me and my sister had to try as many different things until our belly was full.

Turkish beef roll I did try and google the Turkish name for the dishes however I couldn't find it. So you'll have to bare with my description. The pastry was wrapped in a sausage shape the filling was a herby beef and onion filling. Very Delicious, not something you would find in a restaurant.

Spinach and Feta cheese layered pancakes.
Spinach and feta cheese pastry

Lamb Turkish Samosa, not as spicy as the the Indian Samosa packed with suttle spiced flavours.

Samosa

Assortment of Turkish Desserts Baclava (layers of Filo pastry soaked in honey and pastascio), Kadayif (baked vermecelli with sweetened pastacio filling) and Tumbula (bread soaked in Syrup).
Turkish desserts


Turkey is definatley re-known for their Kebabs, my highlight of the festival was purely eating the  Lamb and Chicken Shish Kebab £5. The Chicken was seasoned with Paprika and the lamb was very tender. There was limited salad and the pitta bread was not grilled, when you are eating from a stall, it's quick and easy so you can't expect to be like a restaurant.




I certainly had a wonderful time at the Turkish Food Festival there is one every year around July, I definately recommend spending the afternoon eating turkish authentic food, catching the sun and watching people belly dance whilst eating food. If only I could upload videos it would be a vision that would sell any event.

No comments:

Post a Comment